ByteCenter is a Cloud Hosted Dynamic Application (SaaS) hobby project of its founder. The site is entirely supported by donations
and limited (nearly none) advertising revenue. Founded in 1998 ByteCenter has continued to grow and provide valuable resources to
the internet community.
ByteCenter was created to provide Quality Hosted website tools/services to those who do not
have the technical ability to run such services.
- 2016 Rebranded with a new logo, website, and color scheme to fit the design patters of 2016. Scripts were improved to integrate more real-time up to date technology like WebSockets, HTML5, and CSS3.
- 2015 ByteCenter relaunched with a focus on cloud-powered applications.
- 2007 ByteCenter incorporates and becomes a fully stand-alone company known as 'ByteCenter Web Services, LLC' - an ohio Limited Liability Company.
- 2006 ByteCenter expanded script offerings to provide additional hosted services.
- 2005 ByteCenter was fully back online and re-launched after obtaining the required server infrusturcture and hosting services
- 2002 ByteCenter was transfered to one of the original programmers, and started to be restored to the public.
- 2001 The dot-com boom had caused financial difficulties in eFront and ByteCenter was forced to shut down.
- 1999 ByteCenter was purchased by eFront Media, Inc.
- 1998 ByteCenter was founded.